Prayer is so important. Many of us believe that, and yet how much do we really pray? I have struggled for years with trying to be really faithful & thorough in praying for my family. I have lots of conversational prayer with God each day... but to really pray for others.... I have not done so well! But recently I have started praying these Scriptures. Each morning I read through them all out loud (usually with my 2 youngest playing cars on the treadmill at my feet... multi-tasking!), and I'm really excited about it! I have a definite sense that God is answering these prayers! So here they are, if anyone else is interested in praying them as well, or maybe adapting it to your own family in some way.
Praying for My Husband
His mind – Lord, I pray that my husband will have complete understanding and will know Christ, who holds all wisdom and knowledge (Colossians. 2:2-3). I pray that he will take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians. 10:5). Help him fix his thoughts on eternal and not earthly things (Colossians. 3:2) and on that which is true, good, right, lovely, and praiseworthy (Philippians. 4:8). I pray that he will be transformed by the renewing of his mind (Romans 12:2).
His eyes – I pray that his eyes will turn away from worthless things (Psalms. 119:37) and be able to see wonderful things in Your word (Psalms. 119:18). Cause him to fix his eyes on the eternal instead of the temporary (2 Corinthians. 4:18). Help him be alert to watch for the snares of the enemy (1 Peter. 5:8).
His ears – Give him the faith that comes by hearing Your word (Rom. 10:17). I pray that he will hear Your voice (Revelation. 3:20), listen (Is. 50:5), and obey (James 1:22,25).
His mouth – Lord, set a guard over his mouth and keep watch over the door of his lips (Psalms. 141:3). Help him to speak Your word with boldness (Acts 4:29) and give him Your words so he will speak the gospel without fear (Ephesians. 6:19). Let the words of his mouth and the meditation of his heart be acceptable to You (Psalms. 19:14). Cause him to abstain from dirty talk and jokes (Ephesians. 5:4), but instead let his words be full of grace (Colossians. 4:6), being prepared to give the reason for the hope he has (1 Pet. 3:15).
His heart – Father, help my husband love You with all his heart, soul, and strength (Deut. 6:5). Guard his heart, for it is the wellspring of life (Proverbs. 4:23). Thank you for giving him a new heart and spirit and for taking his heart of stone and giving him a heart of flesh (Ezekiel. 36:26-27). Create in him a clean heart (Psalms. 51:10). Help him to trust You with all his heart and not lean on his own understanding (Proverbs. 3:5). I pray that the peace of Christ would rule in his heart (Colossians. 3:15).
His arms – Help him not to trust in his own strength, but to know that Your strength is made perfect in his weakness (2 Corinthians. 12:9).
His hands – May he lift up holy hands in prayer to You, Lord, without anger or disputing (1 Timothy. 2:8). I pray he will reach his hands out to the poor and needy as if he was doing it for You (Matthew. 25:3-36).
His legs – Help him to walk by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians. 5:7). I pray he will stand firm with Your armor on (Ephesians. 6:13). May he run with perseverance the race set before him (Hebrews. 12:1).
His feet – Thank you, Lord, for setting his feet upon a rock, a firm place to stand (Psalms. 40:2). Keep his feet from slipping (Psalms. 66:9) and may they be ready with the gospel of peace (Ephesians. 6:15)
Praying for our Children
That they will have a real born again experience and come to know God
personally. (John 3:3)
That they will have soft, tender hearts to hear the voice of the Lord and
that they will walk humbly before Him. ((Isaiah 57:15; 66:2; 1 Peter 5:5-6)
That they will love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind and strength.
(Mark 12:50)
That God will pour out His Holy Spirit upon them. (Isaiah 44:3-4)
That they will love the Word of God, love to pray, and love to fellowship
with the saints. (1 Peter 2:2; Psalm 55:17; Hebrews 10:25)
That they will love righteousness and hate evil. (Psalm 97:10; 101:3; Amos
5:15; John 17:15-16; Romans 12:9)
That they will hate lies and deception and seek after truth. (Psalm 51:6;
119:30; 163; Proverbs 12:22; 13:5; 19:9)
That they will stand up for truth and never compromise; that they will stand
and keep on standing against all opposition. (Ephesians 6:13-14)
That they will hate the spirit of this world, but instead, bring God's love
and salvation to the needy in this world. (John 17:18; Philippians 2:15; 1
John 2:15-17)
That they will understand true justice and have discernment regarding good
and evil, the holy and the profane. (Leviticus 10:10; Isaiah 59:14-15;
Jeremiah 15:19; Ezekiel 22:26)
That they will seek God with all their hearts. (Psalm 27:8; 105:4; 119:2;
Proverbs 28:5; Zephaniah 2:3)
That their whole spirit, soul and body will be kept pure and blameless unto
the coming of the Lord. (1 Thessalonians 5:23)
That God will give them godly wives and husbands. (2 Corinthians 6:14-18)
That they will love and embrace children and establish godly homes. (Psalm
27 and 28: Malachi 2:15)
That God will keep them from accident, harm, sickness and danger, and all
enemy attack. Psalm 91)
We also pray for the coming generations that they will continue to walk in
the ways of the Lord.
PRAYER: "Thank you, Lord, that you have ordained that I am to remind you of our children and grandchildren. Help me to be a faithful remembrancer before
your throne. Amen"
AFFIRMATION: I will not cease to pray for my children.
Praying Scripture for Me
Father, thank You for this brand new day, and for all Your many blessings!!
I pray today that I would seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added to me. (Matt 6:33)
I pray that I would give thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
I pray that I would rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice!!
I choose to trust in the LORD with all my heart; and to lean not to my own understanding.
Father, please help me to redeem the time, because the days are evil. May I not waste time today!
A merry heart does good like a medicine: but a broken spirit dries the bones. I choose to fill our home with joy and laughter – please fill me with Your joy!
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of my mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace to the hearers. And let me not grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby I am sealed to the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from me, with all malice: And may I be kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven me.
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And I shall love the LORD my God with all my heart, and with all my soul, and with all my might. And these words, which are commanded me this day, shall be in my heart: And I shall teach them diligently to my children, and shall talk of them when I sit in my house, and when I walk by the way, and when I lie down, and when I rise up. And I shall bind them for a sign on my hand, and they shall be as frontlets between my eyes. And I shall write them on the posts of our house, and on our gates.
Father, please enable me to be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.
I pray that I would always submit to my husband as to the Lord.
Please fill me full and overflowing with Your Holy Spirit. May I always hear and obey Your voice. May I be the best helpmeet for my husband, and help me to rest and enjoy our children today. May I see others and myself, through Your eyes.
I love You Lord! Please work in me both to will and to do Your good pleasure. I’m Yours!!
No comments:
Post a Comment